Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Job

Part of my job is to just be. It was like that yesterday when Mom was sick. She needed to stay in bed and sleep and, well, hard as it was, I needed to just be there with her. Sleeping in bed all day is not for the faint of heart! There is the 'cuddle' position, the 'lay across the feet' position, the 'sprawl over the bed like I own it' position (a good one to assume when you are encouraging someone to go outside)...hey, you have to work at this 'in bed all day' stuff.

But more important that positioning is being. I didn't really do anything but I do believe that, had I not been there, being, Mom would have been even sicker. I mean, sometimes it seems all that's needed is a quick nuzzle, a stretch or two (accompanied by tummy scratches) and life seems almost normal for poor sick Mom.

It's a tough job being in charge of just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment